Laser Hair Removal
Hair removal with Real Laser
LIGHTSheer Certified Technician with 10 years experience
HOW DOES THE LASER WORK?
Laser hair removal is an infrared light that detects pigments. We use it to detect the pigments of the hair’spapilla located at the end of the hair’s bulb. It heats it up to 70° C. When the temperature rises in the follicle, a burning that atrophies the blood vessel that feeds the hair cells occurs. When the cells are no longer fed, they die.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
The papilla is only present during the anagen phase, which lasts about three months. That’s why we ask our clients to visit us every six to ten weeks. In order to catch an average of 20 to 25% of hairs in their receptive phase. In most cases, 5 to 15% of hairs stay. We then recommend electrolysis.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS OF COMPLICATIONS?
Studies have shown that laser treatments have low risk of comlpications. Redness, swelling of the hair follicle and heat sensation are normal results and will disappear within 48 hours.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW TO:
- Avoid exposure to UV rays on the area treated by the laser. A total protection sunscreen (SPF at least 50) must be applied daily, especially when it comes to an area like the face.
- Do not use self-tanning lotion for at least three weeks before treatment.
- It is recommended to shave the area twice a week to maximize the results. The hair growth will be slower and in some cases will grow shorter after a treatment, resulting in the hair becoming difficult to see them with the naked eye.
- Avoid deodorant before treating underarms. It is best to wash it.
- Avoid hot water on the area within four hours of treatment. Do not take a Spa or Hot Bath.
- Also, avoid physical training such as Hot Yoga the same day.
- Inform the technician about any changes to your medical information, including antibiotics. Some medication may cause light sensitivity (photosensitivity).
- Upper Lip/Chin/Side Burn 45 $
- Beard/Neck (front/back) 80 $
- Chest & Stomach 125 $
- Belly Line 45 $
- Arms (half) 100 $
- Arms (full) 150 $
- Underarms 55 $
- Back (half) 175 $
- Back (full) 290 $
- Butt 150 $
- Bikini (line) 60 $
- Bikini (artistic) 120 $
- Bikini (full) 140 $
- Legs (thighs) 220 $
- Legs (half bottom) 200 $
- Legs (full) 375 $
** Face & body: treatments every 44 to 60 days, 6 to 8 repeats